1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I’m from China, moved to the UK 5 years ago for my study. Now I work and live here.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
Geometric shapes, patterns, everything in order but organically.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I work mostly digitally, but I really enjoy water colours that one colour can become many because of the use of water.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I usually sketch lots of ideas on paper, then make a better sketch on another paper. Then scan them in computer and finish everything digitally.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Impressionists and surrealists.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
I started to draw when i was 4 and went to art school when I was 15. I don’t really remember how art changed my view but it’s a big part of my life, almost like my life itself.
7. Where did you study?
Central Saint Martins, London.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully, I’m still doing illustration and animation, it’s a fast-moving industry that I can’t really predict.
9. What about in ten?
Maybe I will do something completely different.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I don’t expect my art would change the world or something big, I hope my art would tell my stories and a part of people would like to listen and like the way I tell them.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Sushi & Dim Sum.
12. Favourite book?
Master and Margarita.
13. Favourite genre of music?
Jazz, Electronic, Indie.
14. What are your hobbies?
Drawing (of course), sometimes plants, playing with cats, ceramics.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Maybe a Feng Shui master, haha.