1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I was born in Kikinda, a small town in the northern part of Serbia. After turbulent ’90s in the Balkans, I moved to Canada with my husband, and now I work and live in Toronto.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I focus on the concept the most. I must have a story behind the work I do. Aesthetic style often changes depending on a feeling that is generating a particular piece; or if it is for commercial work, depending on a goal.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I like to change mediums, depending on what I like to achieve with each piece; however in the end Illustrator or Photoshop comes into play, because often I like to give life to my work by animating it in After Effects. Lately, I am having real fun using Procreate App on iPad Pro and playing with the Instant Replay feature. I use this to express my thoughts in a fun way.
4. What is your artistic process like?
Although I have a vision on what I want to accomplish with each piece, and how to get there, I wing it a lot. I let my subconsciousness weigh-in, so to speak, and I just play with it
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Love, honesty, humour (sarcasm in particular), beauty and stupidity…
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art, in general, is a tool of honesty for me. It makes me happy when I connect with my own inner-child or with others through art.
7. Where did you study?
Herzing College, Toronto.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
I’d like to see some progress in my design career, working as an Art Director. I don’t have a preference of where that is going to be, freelance/agency/studio or in-house, as long as I am happy with the work I have to do and the compensation I receive for it. We all gotta eat 🙂.
9. What about in ten?
Still working as a designer/illustrator, just being a whole lot better.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I like to provoke thoughts or generate laughter, or both.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
12. Favourite book?
If I have to choose one I’d say Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse
13. Favourite genre of music?
I listen to a wide range of music, hard to pick one genre, but punk-rock is somewhat a necessary base to it.
14. What are your hobbies?
Personal projects and TV Shows.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
A detective or a PI (private investigator). I like finding clues and connecting dots. (I am not joking 😀 )