1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
It is an illustration of modern people who have lost themselves and put it in the character illustration. I depict people wrapping a strong exterior in order to hide their weak inner side and wrapping them in a flash because of their desire to look glamorous. And, I’m from Korea.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
My art should contain a story. This is a story of communication with people. My art dies without a story.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I like print media. Not only can you see but you can touch it with your hands.
4. What is your artistic process like?
Finding something to empathize with is the beginning of the work. I work with a hand picture on the computer.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
It’s everybody around. The more ordinary the better, because a good idea is closer than you think.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art makes my ordinary life different from others. The things in front of me now will look different from normal people.
7. Where did you study?
I have been work in Korea since I was born. I majored in communication design.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I want to in a larger place a dream. I wonder if you like my work there too.
9. What about in ten?
Night becomes deep and complicated. So I miss my bedtime and sometimes the morning comes.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I hope there are more people who are consoled by my paintings. That’s enough.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
I like coffee and bread the most. The caffeine in coffee makes me more active, and sweet bread makes me feel better.
And, It can be eaten comfortably at work.
12. Favourite book?
I like Franz Kafka’s book. I have learned a lot from the book.
13. Favourite genre of music?
I like quiet ballads. I don’t like the harsh sound.
14. What are your hobbies?
I like watching movies very much. I seem to see three or four times a week.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I would have cooked if I hadn’t done art. There is something similar to art in cooking.