1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I am French with some Italian blood too. I started watching my mom cook and bake, so I went to study in culinary school – in the kitchen for 4 years then I change for the pastry world. There is something in pastry that makes me feel comfortable. It is more quiet, organizing, thorough, detailed oriented and different . The first pastry chef I worked for gave me the motivation and the opportunity to work for fine dining restaurants. I worked for 14 Michelin restaurants in France, starting with 1 Michelin star, then 2, then 3. It was a progressive and intense but amazing experience.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I try to create desserts to give impact to the guests. With a light and pretty decoration, fancy and focusing on the texture of the flavors.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I do like working with chocolate and sugar but my favorite is sugar ( isomalt ). It gives a very light, artistic finishing and there’s not a lot of people doing sugar decoration for desserts.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I get a picture in my head that I try to get closer to and have fun.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
I will say Philippe Rigollot , I worked about 3 years at Anne Sophie Restaurant and Chef Rigollot is a Beast! Talented, so humble, funny.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
My art and my job takes a big part of my life. I focuse more about the small details.
7. Where did you study?
I studied at Avignon, France.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I want to open my own pastry shop.
9. What about in ten?
Hopefully, I will open more shops, and be doing well.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Win some competitions.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Hard questions… I am a foodie. I love pasta (my Italian side …. ) but I like to try new types of food. I love Asian food, healthy, tasty, spicy…
12. Favourite book?
David Eddings – The belgariad ( Like games of thrones… ).
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
Going to the gym, reading, watching movies, visiting, exploring the city and trying new things.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Maybe selling art…