1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi. I’m Seungpyo from South Korea. I work as a freelance illustrator and run my art academy in Seoul.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
Quirky, surreal, kitsch and cool.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I like both traditional medium and digital painting. Watercolour was my favourite though I rarely use it since I got an iPad.
4. What is your artistic process like?
It couldn’t be my work if I draw something exactly like photographs from magazines or someone. So I usually try to come up with a proper idea and layout first. After the rough sketch, I take photos by myself or look for some references about features and mix up them with my imaginary people.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Everything I adore and the moment now, not the past or the future.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art is nothing… maybe everything, sometimes it’s useless but it can be priceless in my life.
7. Where did you study?
I studied cartoon and animation at Sejong University in Seoul
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I would be doing something new and different what involve art, somewhere else.
9. What about in ten?
Well… who knows?
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Frankly, I never thought about any achievements such as fame, money, being mainstream… that sort of things but I would like to do art things in any way for as long as possible.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Although I’m not a picky eater, I couldn’t live without Korean food.
12. Favourite book?
1984 – George Orwell, indeed it is.
13. Favourite genre of music?
British music, I mean band music.
14. What are your hobbies?
Travelling, watching a football match, doing nothing in bed.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I would be in the fashion industry or unemployed.