1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi everyone! My name is Sua and I am an illustrator (and sometimes designer, as I studied communication-design) from Stuttgart, Germany.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
Tricky question that I would probably answer completely different depending on when it is asked. Currently, I try to draw simple, minimalistic, colorful with a hint of realism.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Clearly tablet + laptop; being able to work digitally changed a lot for my work, it is faster, easier and cleaner. Never to forget, you can use command+Z, which is amazing.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I often start with a super rough sketch, that looks like a 2-year olds drawing, just to get my idea out (if the idea is missing, I try to get some inspiration real life). After that I draw the “real” sketch, playing around with composition and so on. And then it is just a simple coloring.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Other creatives; I am always amazed by what people create.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
It is my hobby, my job, my way of relaxing and sometimes expressing myself; I would say it plays a pretty big role in my life.
7. Where did you study?
I got my degree in communication-design in the state academy of fine arts Stuttgart. Being able to study design was really helpful for my career, but I think everything I know about illustration came from trial and error, just drawing whenever I could.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Still doing what I do now, drawing and having fun while doing it.
9. What about in ten?
Same as point 8.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Getting information to people out that I could not reach otherwise.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Well, as I see myself the best spaghetti cook in the whole world; it must be spaghetti.
12. Favourite book?
Easy question, lord of the rings.
13. Favourite genre of music?
I do not really listen to music anymore.
14. What are your hobbies?
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Saying some other creative profession would be too easy as an answer I guess; so I am going with the forester! Maybe.