1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I was born in San Francisco. When I was old enough, I moved out east to pursue art. After a few years, work brought me back to San Francisco.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
Bold compositions and bright colors.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Digital. I like the speed and freedom I have with digital.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I tend to overthink when given too much freedom and time. I like to work at the last hour and push concepts to the limit.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Tibetan Buddhist murals, Erté, Kay Nielsen, and Givenchy.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Sometimes it’s great because I can take endless photo references, other times it drives my friends crazy because I can take endless photo references.
7. Where did you study?
Maryland Institute College of Art
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
9. What about in ten?
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I just want to get my ideas out. That’s pretty much the only reason I draw.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Jian bing in the morning, potstickers for lunch, and sushi for dinner.
12. Favourite book?
Journey To The West.
13. Favourite genre of music?
Alternative R&B & Indie Pop.
14. What are your hobbies?
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Social media personality.