1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
My name is Nadia Hafid (1990). I’m an illustrator based in Barcelona. I graduated in Fine Arts from the University of Barcelona, and I also have a degree in Arts Applied on the Wall from the School of Arts and Crafts (Llotja de Barcelona).
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I like clear lines, flat colours and contrasts.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
My favourite medium is marker pen, ink, rulers and digital support.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I like to do a little sketching first and then distribute the elements on the paper.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
The everyday things, spaces and people.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
For me, it’s a must in my life.
7. Where did you study?
I study Fine Arts at the University of Barcelona.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
I like to think in a short term.
9. What about in ten?
I would like to have done so many things!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I hope I can reach others.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
If it’s good, I like all kinds of foods!
12. Favourite book?
It’s a difficult question. The last book that I really liked is Raymond Carver’s Beginners.
13. Favourite genre of music?
I like classic rock, jazz and soul.
14. What are your hobbies?
I love to walk and discover new places.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?