1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi, I’m Morisun. I’m an illustrator based in Osaka.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I’ll try to paint a cosy-feeling illustration. I look carefully at whatever feels good and cosy, such as cosy spaces, shapes, or situations.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I like to use digital illustration when I paint because I can easily change the color scheme depending on how I feel all the way up until the very end.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I think about the story first, then cut it out like a scene from a movie.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Various, meaningless goods that enhance an environment. Adorable nick-nacks and situations. Stuff that is unnecessary.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
It helps me to focus on what makes me feel good.
7. Where did you study?
I studied KYOTO UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS (Department of Information Design).
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I can’t imagine anything.
9. What about in ten?
I’ll be enjoying myself.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I hope everyone can enjoy my illustrations. When it comes to work, I’d be happy if I could be involved in a movie using my illustrations.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Meat, sea urchin and spicy food
12. Favourite book?
I like Science fiction and UTTER ZOO ALPHABET (Edward Gorey)
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
Playing a movie lazily, afternoon naps
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
A theme park cast member! I think having a character to get into would be the perfect job for me 🙂