1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I am a graphic designer and illustrator based in Korea. It’s not long since started illustration, but thank you for loving my work more than I thought.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I like the body shape of a woman without being skinny. I wanted to accentuate the beauty of the average woman and make it look beautiful. so I think that made this style.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
My favorite medium is none. I’m working on digital now, but I want to try handwork when I get time.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I draw freely when I draw an illustration personally. Draw a think of scene or find a funny pose and draw.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
ordinary woman, inspired by all the amazing artists I see on the online.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
I think it is an escape that allows me to freely express my thoughts. It was the most meaningful thing in my life so far and I want to continue to express my thoughts through my work.
7. Where did you study?
I majored in visual design at university and studied web agency.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
I’m going to continue working as a graphic designer.
9. What about in ten?
I don’t know. I want to do something that can be happy with my people later.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
My illustration is a picture that expresses my thoughts. I usually draw a lot of women and I hope that many people will feel the beauty of a chubby woman when I see them painted. I want to draw pictures that can inspire people in many ways.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Everything that is not sweet.
12. Favourite book?
I buy books often, but I do not have read through to the end.
13. Favourite genre of music?
Jazz, Indie music
14. What are your hobbies?
I like riding a bike. Illustrations are also a hobby.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Baker? When I was young, I used to dream of becoming a patissier because I liked bread.