1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi! My name is Manon Skotnicki, I’m 23 and I’m an illustrator from Paris. At the moment, my work mostly consist in theater posters, flyers and books’ illustration.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I am obsessed with color. Most of the time I think about the range of colours to use before drawing. I enjoy drawing portraits, things that make me laugh and plants.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I use exclusively ( at the moment) black POSCA marker. Then I put colors with photoshop.
4. What is your artistic process like?
When I have an idea I make a sketch immediately. I like to work fast. I collect images that inspire me every day. Like I said the color search is very important to me. I spend a lot of time seeking for new colorful ranges. I also take a lot of pictures of things that inspire me and that I would like to draw. After this time of research, I make some sketches in black and white and work the color with photoshop.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
I am inspired by many different artists from various areas but not only, but I’m also inspired by anything my eyes can see.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
It’s a way to escape from my immediate environment. The illustration is magic to me, I feel that everything is possible when I draw. There is no rule. Drawing while listening to music is also very relaxing to me. Finally, I’m in love with this satisfaction feeling of a finished drawing.
7. Where did you study?
I studied at Ecole de Condé in Paris.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I hope I will have done a lot of projects with my illustrator friends. I would like to create a collective with them.
9. What about in ten?
I hope I will be an accomplished illustrator.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I want my work to make people escape reality.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Something between Lebanese food, Japanese food, and Mexican food. I love food, it’s complicated to choose!
12. Favourite book?
I have to admit that I don’t read so much but the book that marked me the most is 1984 of G.Orwell.
13. Favourite genre of music?
I do not have any kind of favorite music. Right now I’m listening to a lot of funk!
14. What are your hobbies?
To draw, go out with my friends, go to thrift stores and chill with my dog, Marcel.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Interior designer because I love decoration. Or maybe real estate agent to visit apartments all the time.