1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
My very early years were in Nigeria. We moved to the UK when I was 7, I now live in Folkestone where I have a studio and shop.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
My style is colourful and joyful and I enjoy playing with colour and texture.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I mostly draw in ink because it offers the most flexibility when I’m translating a design in Photoshop.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I always start with a mood board, which helps me formulate my ideas. Once I have some concepts in my head, I start with pen and ink drawings before I develop further on the computer.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
I love looking at artists for inspiration; Matisse, Hockney and Henri Rousseau really inspire my work.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art is something I surround myself with; our walls at home are white which I find is the perfect backdrop to appreciate the variety of work on our walls. Art makes me happy and hopeful and never fails to make me appreciate the beauty around me.
7. Where did you study?
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
Continuing to grow the kitty McCall brand.
9. What about in ten?
That’s a lifetime away…. I definitely prefer to live in the moment and see where life takes me!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Bring joy to peoples homes + life.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
12. Favourite book?
A million little pieces by James Frey.
13. Favourite genre of music?
I love all.
14. What are your hobbies?
15. If you weren’t a creative, what would you be?