1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I was born in St. Petersburg (Russia) now I live in Southern Italy.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
The message and the deep emotions are the basis of the aesthetic I try to practice, I would say a personal and very colorful narration 🙂
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I started out as an illustrator working in analog, but now I am at 100% digital. A medium is only a tool, classic hand-drawing lesson helps me a lot.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I think a lot before starting to draw, I dive into the memory. I try to catch my personal memories to compose the illustration, in the end, it is the only way to remain authentic.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
The Russian fairy tales have formed my imagination, from there comes a strong coloristic imprint.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
I was lucky to grow up in St. Petersburg, where the culture is really everywhere,
that’s part of my DNA.
7. Where did you study?
Academy of Applied Arts of St. Petersburg.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I have no idea.
9. What about in ten?
I really have no idea.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I will be able to answer this question when I’ll start making “art”, for now, it’s just the job I love to do.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Boh, I love simple things, potatoes with steak, porridge 🙂
12. Favourite book?
I love the Latin American surrealists, like Julio Cortázar and Gabriel García Márquez.
13. Favourite genre of music?
My husband is a DJ so I’m surrounded by great music all day, by the waves of bossanova, rock and electronica.
14. What are your hobbies?
Walking while traveling and traveling while walking.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I can say what I could never become: a musician and a writer – I am out of tune and dyslexic 🙂