1.What’s your story? Where are you from?
I studied communication design, then worked in agencies for a few years.
After a blow of fate, I became self-employed as an illustrator and graphic designer.
I live and work in Berlin.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I love pastel colors. Mostly I only use pastel pink and pastel blue. My stalk is quite abstract, but it can go from fine lines over very plain and bold.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I use fineliner, gouache and acrylic paint on different papers. Partially, I paint large-area paper and make collages from it. I just like the feeling of haptics and the aesthetics of hand-painted.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I have an idea in my head and then I try to get it out there, sometimes it works the same and sometimes it takes many attempts.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Pictures in different media, other artists, my own chaotic life.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art is my refuge. I pay more attention to small details and colors.
7. Where did you study?
University of Applied Sciences in Wiesbaden, Germany.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
Still self-sufficient with enough client orders that my little boy and I can live an undisturbed life.
9. What about in ten?
The same but with a big boy.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Make people happy. Stimulate the imagination.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Red cabbage and tomatoes.
12. Favourite book?
The children’s book »Where the Wild Things Are« from Maurice Sendak.
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
a police officer