1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I’m a French freelance Art director and Illustrator from Annecy, a little peaceful town in the Alps with a beautiful lake. I’ve been interested in Art ever since my childhood. I didn’t feel at ease at school, and really started to feel alive when I understood I could express myself thought Art. I am now forty-one and I still have the same desire to create.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I try to make the synthesis of things with a minimal expression. I really like to play with colours and shapes. I often use the same character to say things… This character also represents a synthesis of people I come across…. he’s me, he’s you… He’s something universal… he just represents my vision of our time period.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
It depends. I like to work on my computer but the best of the best is to work with my acrylics.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I think about my project for a long time before starting to work. And then, once I have the vision of my concept, I like to go fast.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Life and people in general are always inspiring.
6. What role does Art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art plays a big part. I think it’s when you start asking yourself questions that you get answers…
7. Where did you study?
I studied in Lyon/France for 4 years in a private Art School named Emile Cohl. I got my Art’s Degree in 2001.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
working in my studio
9. What about in ten?
Being old 😊
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I don’t really know, I just want to show people who I am in some way and show what my vision is of things.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
I love food and I love to cook! Any kind of food, fine dining and junk too!!
12. Favourite book?
It’s a difficult question, maybe one of Michel Houellebecq’s books
13. Favourite genre of music?
90’s Hip Hop! and more.
14. What are your hobbies?
Raising my three children.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
An accountant. Ha ha, just kidding, I don’t know… Possibly a musician because it’s also artistic.