1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi everyone. My name is Jovana and I am a visual artist/illustrator from Belgrade, Serbia.
When I was young, I never really knew what I wanted to be in the future but I always knew that I wanted to create something. I like my path so far 🙂
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
My aesthetic comes variously as I work. But the main thing about it is to show the movement of the body that tells the story and balance of the colors that I choose.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
My favorite medium in art is painting, which I don’t do that often because I don’t have time. But the technology is super cool now so I can say that digital art -illustration is something that I most enjoy these days.
4. What is your artistic process like?
Hmm, it depends on how I feel. But most of the time, my art comes from my ”confused feelings” or pure happiness. Then I start sketching random movements that I feel in that moment in me.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Other artists. Old masters. Random shapes and calming colors.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art has a very huge role in my life. Since I was a kid, I have painted and drawn a lot, writing poems and just expressing myself through paper. Now I am a full-time graphic designer and illustrator, I have my own little business and I want to do so much more, I wouldn’t change anything about my life as an artist so far 🙂
7. Where did you study?
I studied graphic design and calligraphy here in Belgrade -Serbia where I live. 🙂
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I would love to see myself as an independent artist with amazing skills 🙂
9. What about in ten?
Having my business grown so much that I have my own company, travelling and exploring art more and being smarter and more resourceful.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
The difference in point of view, that art is actually a really important part of our lives right now and that it can revive spaces and everything around you.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
I can’t decide between pancakes and fish. xD but I mostly like everything, except oatmeal 😀
12. Favourite book?
The Book Thief
13. Favourite genre of music?
I listen to everything so I don’t have a favorite one.
14. What are your hobbies?
Dancing, painting and loving my dogs. 😀
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
A doctor, or a travel blogger (: