1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I am Jaime Sánchez, editorial photographer and visual artist from Spain. I started to get interested in photography in 2011 when I bought my first reflex camera on a trip.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
My aesthetic is fundamentally based on Andy Warhol’s ‘Pop Art’, minimalism and some touch surrealism.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
For my photos I always use in my studio rolls of cardboard to create the set, besides the classic main object (LEGO, banana …). I always shoot with my little Sony a7 and finally edit in Photoshop.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I always start thinking about some everyday object. With that object I start to give it a new meaning ‘Pop’ and later I’m choosing the colors that are best for the composition.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
To inspire me I visit websites of artists such as Cargo Gallery, Behance and some Instagram accounts where they share content
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art is a lifestyle that I love. I like to be constantly creating new images ‘Pop’ and show my point of view
7. Where did you study?
I have studied visual arts in Málaga (Spain)
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
I would love to work in New York in a creative agency or as a freelance
9. What about in ten?
I would love to work in a creative agency in New York and also be a consolidated artist in the city. I’m working hard to get it in a short time.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I like that my images never go unnoticed, like or dislike. The only thing I am looking for is to show my personal world of color and ‘naif’
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
12. Favourite book?
Bioshock, John Shirley
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
Science fiction films and athletics
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?