1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi! My name is Hyunyoung. I’m an illustrator based in South Korea. I think I only had a talent for painting from childhood. I enjoyed observing and drawing. That’s why I choose my job.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
There’s nothing special about my aesthetic. I just try to paint that make me feel happy and soothing pictures.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I usually use computer program with hand-painted. I am used to using computer because I worked as a designer. But I’ll be increasing hand-painted than computer work.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I usually paint about my story. So I try to be faithful to my emotions and feelings. And I try to pursue something strange ,specific.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
All of the thing that concerns me inspire my work. I remind my childhood or past happy,sad moments.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
I think Art make life beautifully. And as I began to work in earnest, I could think deeply about myself.
7. Where did you study?
I studid illustration at Hanyang women’s college. After graduation, I studied illustration at SI Institute of Picturebook.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
I want to publish my illustration book and host my exhibition.
9. What about in ten?
I want to paint for a long time. So I wish I keep trying in ten years.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I wanted to make people happy by my painting at first. But I realized painting makes me happy.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
I like eating food which include cheese.
12. Favourite book?
Maborosi by Miyamoto Teru
13. Favourite genre of music?
I enjoy listening to ballad and classical music. I prefer soft music.
14. What are your hobbies?
My hobby is traveling. I have an invaluable experience while traveling.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I want to be a instrumental player. Music is another tool to express man’s emotion.