1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi, I’m rabbit44. I was born in Taiwan, Taipei. A little subtropical island in the Pacific Ocean. Now, I’m a freelance visual designer and illustrator.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
My aesthetic is based on simple shapes and fresh-warm color tones, plus a little bit of humor.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I use digital & hand-painting methods most of the time. It’s kind of hard to tell which one is my favorite. That depends on my mood or the opinion of clients sometimes…
4. What is your artistic process like?
I’ll do some silly graffiti on my sketchbook to clarify my mess of thoughts first.. then finish my work little by little.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Sometimes I get my inspiration from kids of my friends. Most of the time, I just hang out on the streets, sit in the park…searching for interesting people.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
It’s a way to express myself and during the long-prosses of creating, I learn to be more patient to my life, to reality.
7. Where did you study?
I studied in Taipei, my home town. My major is oil-painting, but I haven’t done oil painting for over 10 years.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Right in my studio, doing the things I like.
9. What about in ten?
Hopefully right in my bigger studio, still doing the things I like.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Actually. I’m not that kind of ambitious people, I don’t set any goals. Just keep an open mind, and try more.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Any traditional Taiwanese food of the night market is good.
12. Favourite book?
I like Taiwanese novelist Wu Ming-I. His novels are all amazing. Especially “The Stolen Bicycle”.
13. Favourite genre of music?
Recently I like Taiwanese young hip-pop group “Yeemao”. I’m a little bit obsessed with their music…, especially when I’m busy with my work. And “Sunset Rollercoaster” is also what I like. It’s 80’s vintage-fusion band sound.
14. What are your hobbies?
Reading comic books, watching Netflix, eating junk food, hanging out on street, talking nonsense with friends. wasting time.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I was a magazine visual-editor before, maybe I would still be in a publishing media as a visual designer as in the past.