1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I am an illustrator, Seoul-native and currently based in Frankfurt, Germany.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I would say, simple yet quirky and whimsical.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Pencil. It is not complicated. Easy to find. Most of all I just love the feeling when I draw with pencil.
4. What is your artistic process like?
At first I make a quick rough sketch and I redraw it using lightbox until the lines are clean. After that I scan it and color in in Photoshop. Probably most of people use Levels in Photoshop but I use Canals when I color. I find it makes the whole coloring process a lot easier and quicker.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Seymour Chwast, Photographs, Movies
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Without art I wouldn’t exist. I mean my soul. Maybe it sounds a bit corny but art keeps my eyes open and brighter. And it makes me keep thinking outside the box
7. Where did you study?
I studied Communication Design at University of Applied Sciences Mainz, Germany. Before that I studied French Literature at Hong-Ik University in Seoul.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
Just like now. Working at home and taking care of my daughter. Nope, I don’t think so. I can not picture myself working in an agency. I am not that good with words and writing emails that kind of things.
9. What about in ten?
Hmmm… to be honest, I don’t know and I don’t want to think about it. It kind of freaks me out.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I hope that my art brings people laugh, at least a teeny tiny smile on their face. And of course and frankly I hope to make enough money with my art so that I don’t need to worry about my future when I am retired.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Not surprisingly Kimchi 😉
12. Favourite book?
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?