1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I’m Jenny and I’m a creative at an advertising agency based in Birmingham called Chapter. I also run an Instagram account called Greentings, where I create posts based on different puns and saying.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I love anything bold and colourful. The more colour the better, so with each post I try to use objects and colours that complement each other.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I do everything on my Mac, mainly because I’m a terrible drawer!
I’d love to try screen printing though.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I take puns and funny sayings and turn them into pictures. I have to try and think of what visuals get across the saying the best. I usually test it on a few people before I post. The best ones are the ones where people guess what it is without me having to say. I like to think of it as an artistic version of catchphrase!
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Greentings is actually a collaboration between me and my mum. She creates lists of different sayings and phrases I could use and writes them all down in a book. I then visualise them to create the posts. And if I haven’t done one in a while, she’ll moan at me! So if there’s anyone that inspires me, it would be her.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
I’m lucky enough to be in a job where I’m surrounded by it and get to create it every day. I think it makes the world a prettier place.
7. Where did you study?
I studied Visual Communication at Birmingham City University.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
Hopefully to be 5 times better than I am now.
9. What about in ten?
The same as above, but 10 times better!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Just to make people smile when they see it.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
12. Favourite book?
13. Favourite genre of music?
I don’t have a specific favourite. But my favourite song is Ignition by R Kelly.
14. What are your hobbies?
Watching terrible TV and the occasional game of bingo.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
A cheese connoisseur or an inventor. Maybe a cheese inventor! To infinity and Brie-yond…