1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi, I’m Fabia. I’m a freelance illustrator from Frankfurt, Germany, doing illustrations (and sometimes animations) for magazines, advertising, books and apps.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I like clear shapes, strong contrasts and bright colors.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Digital! Working with vectors is fast, clear and fun.
4. What is your artistic process like?
Reading the briefing. Researching. Thinking. coffee. More Thinking. Rough sketching on paper. Fun with vectors and colors.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Other illustrators, artists and good movies. My husband. And of course funny animal videos and the rest of the Internet.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
It’s very important. It has sharpened my view and opened my mind.
7. Where did you study?
I studied Graphic Design and Illustration at University of Art and Design Offenbach am Main / Germany.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Still working as a freelance illustrator and doing more animations.
9. What about in ten?
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I work for clients most of the time, so I always try to find a nice and interesting solution that fits the respective project.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Yotam Ottolenghi, Sami Tamimi: Jerusalem. A Cookbook. Page 205.
12. Favourite book?
See above. I love reading cookbooks 😉
13. Favourite genre of music?
Depends on the mood, generally I tend to electronic music.
14. What are your hobbies?
Filling sketchbooks, cooking, long walks.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?