1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Born in Oregon, raised in Western MA. I’ve been making art for a long time. Only recently have I realized i like playing music too.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
Simple shapes, little to no details. I’m trying to teach myself to remove as much as possible from an image but still have it be readable. Going back to the basics of what forms are made of, trying to break the rules a bit but not full blown abstract.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Right now it is digital. I’ve been using a wacom for years, and it really is the best for me. A lot of artists draw in ink then scan and work in photoshop, I sort of cut out the beginning and like to work right away digitally. It definitely has shaped how i make artwork.
4. What is your artistic process like?
Very fast and without much thought. I’ve tried to not sketch and work directly. After a while you build up the confidence that your initial feeling is the best one. It’s really like any other creative process, just need to practice a lot.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Old photos, good music, comics. People close to me, memories of home, future thoughts.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art is really important to me, i’m working every day to make my art better. What that means i’m not sure, just right now i know that i’m not done yet. I think everyone has the power to make art, and as I am introduced to artists online and through Instagram i realize that more and more. It’s hard to say “this is what i am meant to make” but when you see someone doing that it’s very honest and pure.
7. Where did you study?
Small school in upstate new york, studied woodblock and lithography printmaking.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
Hopefully completely living off of my art.
9. What about in ten?
Hopefully being able to make art without any financial stress.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Inspire those around me now and those who come next.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Ice cream, can’t have it in my apartment, too dangerous.
12. Favourite book?
Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenidies.
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
Music, reading comics, biking, sleeping
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Probably an unhappy scientist.