1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I was born in La Réunion island, a French island in the Indian Ocean. I moved fast to the French Alps where I grew up. My mother was a non-professional painter and I used to draw with her when I was a child. Then finally, I studied art at Les Art Décoratifs where I definitely fall in love with illustration and art direction. Since I run my own studio with Fritz my Italian whippet 🙂
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
Minimal, slick, colorful and playful.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I love working on Illustrator. It is like a part of my brain! I had a collaboration with Adobe where they asked me to use the new releases of Illustrator and wanted me to do a tutorial. It was pretty fun!
4. What is your artistic process like?
Sketching, doodling,… and when I have the idea, I go straight to Illustrator and finalize it.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
The fashion industry inspire me a lot but also ordinary things like plants, old books and design.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art is just a medium to express myself. It didn’t change my vision of the world.
7. Where did you study?
At the Art Decoratif in Strasbourg, France. It is a really great school for illustrators.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
I’m 34 and I never worked in an agency. I’ve always been a freelancer and I hope I will be all my career! Let see in the future…
9. What about in ten?
Still running my own studio…
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I plan to do more tangible works for personal pieces (maybe for an exhibition). I love illustrator but I would like to transpose my process in another medium.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
French and Italian food!
12. Favourite book?
The picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde.
13. Favourite genre of music?
Minimal and indie rock.
14. What are your hobbies?
Surfing, gardening, bargain hunting and making cocktails.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I would be a botanist!