1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I’m a freelance illustrator and graphic artist from St. Louis, Missouri, USA. I’ve lived in Colorado and California but am currently residing in my parent’s attic back in St. Louis.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I can’t draw very well so my work is generally simple in its form. I also like primary colors and skulls.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I tend to work mostly in digital these days. This way I can work really fast and experiment with color.
4. What is your artistic process like?
Draw in my sketchbook, pull some hair out, draw some more, go on a bike ride, draw again, scan, trace in Photoshop, drink beer.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Mark “The Gonz” Gonzales.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Drawing and making art has always been the most important expressive outlet for me. It’s my favorite way to communicate, even if no one is listening.
7. Where did you study?
Missouri State University. Thank you Cedomir Kostovic, Eric Pervukhin, and Maria Michalczyk!
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
9. What about in ten?
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Most importantly my work fulfils me; I would not be the same without it. I hope it resonates with other people as well, even if they think it’s just silly or weird.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
I try to eat healthy foods as much as possible. I limit the amount of meat and dairy I consume (for health and ethical reasons). Peanut butter, banana, soy milk smoothies are my favorite but I will still eat an entire pizza sometimes.
12. Favourite book?
I’m reading Norwegian Wood by Murakami for the feels. The Devil All the Time by Donal Ray Pollock is dark and twisted in a good way. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer because I like to cry. Thrasher magazine 🤘🏽.
13. Favourite genre of music?
The Thermals, Mountain Goats, Ratboys, Pinegrove.
14. What are your hobbies?
Skateboarding, Bike Riding, Drawing, Happy Hour, Eating.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Pizza Restaurant Owner or Professional Road-Tripper.