1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi my name is Miguel, I’m from Matamoros Coahuila it’s a little town in northeast Mexico and I’m graphic designer/illustrator, I work in a Architecture Studio and as a freelancer
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
My work is flat design and geometric figures, I always try to achieve the illustration’s ideas with simple shapes and two or three colors
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Digital, have so many options and tools to use and obviously pencil and paper it’s most confortable for me
4. What is your artistic process like?
Start with the idea and then references for last a sketching
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Movies, tv series, old books, internet, a lot of things the design it’s in everything
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
It’s a really big part, so boring without that
7. Where did you study?
Universidad Iberoamericana Laguna in Torreón Coah.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
Freelance fulltime I hope
9. What about in ten?
Making great projects with friends
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Making nice and funcional stuff
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Tacos, it’s the greatest thing in the universe
12. Favourite book?
Mexico Negro – Fransisco Martin Moreno
13. Favourite genre of music?
Rock and Pop, the basics, depends on my mood
14. What are your hobbies?
Football(soccer), Movies, Tv Series
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
architect or agriculturist