1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I’m from Sweden and now I am living in Bordeaux, France. I work as a freelance illustrator.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I like to think I have a pretty retro aesthetic, but since I work on a computer you will always get a modern feel to it as well.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Photoshop, being able to use textures and collage in an easy way.
4. What is your artistic process like?
For a job I’d read the text and choose different words or sentences that brings an image to my head. After I would try to make this different things work as a whole.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
I like old book covers, simple lines and geometrical shapes. Also everyday objects 70’s childrens shows.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
I think that when you are a creative person, you always look at how any kind of art or craft can inspire your work. And maybe you have more insight to the process, appreciate things others might not see. I think art gives you a kick, to think that so many nice things are created.
7. Where did you study?
I studied at LCC, London College of Communication.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
I hope I am doing the same thing but working more. 🙂
9. What about in ten?
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I hope that I can create things that people enjoy. That makes them a bit nostalgic.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Sandwich cake and fois gras.
12. Favourite book?
Lord of the Flies, William Golding.
13. Favourite genre of music?
New wave, Post-punk.
14. What are your hobbies?
Reading, documentaries and lowbrow television.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I quite like the idea of working in a tobacco shop or something. Or selling antiques.