1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I am from South Korea. And I’m an illustrator of everyday life.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I try to paint our normal lives. Looking for moments of beauty in a very ordinary life.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I usually work digitally using a tablet. But I like the feeling of crayons the most. It feels rough and soft.
4. What is your artistic process like?
First, take a picture of daily life and sketch the person in it second. And finally, it’s done through digital work and supplementation.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Not a specific person, but everyone’s daily routine is my inspiration.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
To me, art is a tool to record the beauty of life. So I’m looking forward to accumulating more records.
7. Where did you study?
I’ve never learned drawings or digital tools. My painting started with graffiti and I still work with digital tools learning over the Internet.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I don’t know if there will be a big difference. If there’s anything I want, I hope it will be more economical. I’m afraid that’s how I can do what I want to do better.
9. What about in ten?
Same as above.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I want to leave many beautiful moments. And I wish many people could see those moments.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Um.. cold brew. Ice coffee.
12. Favourite book?
Foulo Coelho’s [Brida].
13. Favourite genre of music?
I like the music of the Beatles.
14. What are your hobbies?
Lie without thinking.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I want to be a free man. I wish I were a person who would live doing something fun.