1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I was born in South Korea, raised in Loveland, Ohio. Spent my time doodling and playing video games until I discovered Photoshop and Illustrator in middle school. I’ve been making digital art ever since, switching programs every so often. For the past two years I’ve been creating a new 3D artwork in Cinema 4D everyday in the hopes to grow and push my creative and technical skills.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
My work is generally colorful, surreal, usually bizarre.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
My tools of choice are Cinema 4D with Octane Render. This combo gives me a great place to experiment and generate a lot of frames quickly.
4. What is your artistic process like?
My process is very experimental and is often centered around technical experiments or accidents. Ideas usually come about once I’ve played around in C4D for a while.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
I’m very inspired by the natural world and the physical sensations brought about by emotion.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art is something that’s always been present in my life but when I started my everyday project two years ago, it really became the central focus of my life. I believe art helps me appreciate the beauty in all things.
7. Where did you study?
DAAP (The School of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning) in Cincinnati, OH
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself working as a freelance motion designer and 3D illustrator
9. What about in ten?
Hopefully working in the realm of movies, video games, or concert visuals
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
My hope is that people who see my work will look at their world from a new perspective or at least see how I perceive mine.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Soylent, Red Bull, and gummy bears
12. Favourite book?
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
Video games, nature documentaries, making music with computers
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
A marine biologist