1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I am from Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China. I graduated from Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, and now I am a free illustrator.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I like strange things very much. I like to react to some social phenomena with humorous and interesting perspectives.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Usually, I use digital illustration. During my spare time, I like to use hand-painted collage and other media to experiment and then use the computer for digital processing. Digital illustrations hide infinite possibilities and are very suitable for their weird illustrations.
4. What is your artistic process like？
I usually use my own brochure to record some absurd photographs. These are all important parts of my inspiration library, stories and colors are extracted from it. I think this is close to the community.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
I think it should be Henri Matisse’s color and Jeannie Phan’s observation of the society.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art can no longer say what kind of role I play in my life, but I constantly want to find my life in art. Art is like a mirror that reacts to different people, different ways and different reactions.
7. Where did you study?
I once studied in Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, majoring in Visual Communication Information Design. Constantly finding my own interests and going to self-development are the charms of this major–border-less learning.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
In the next five years, I hope to add some experimental content and interactive experience to my work so that illustrations can move and more works can be deposited.
9. What about in ten?
In the next 10 years, I want to prepare an art space to meet more interesting people and create together.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I hope that my work can bring joy and thoughts to people, and give society a little influence.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food？
It’s hard for me to choose between mango and coke!
12. Favourite book?
I still remember one of the sentences: “I tell you I’ve got to paint. I can’t help myself. When a man falls into the water it doesn’t matter how he swims, well or badly: he’s got to get out or else he’ll drown.”
13. Favourite genre of music?
Indie Pop & Indie Rock
14. What are your hobbies?
Besides illustration, I like photography best.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I must be the cat around the artist.：D