1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I’m from Belgium and I live in Ghent. Joy and contemplation would be the key I write my story in.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
If I have to detect a recurring pattern in my work I would say: colour and straight lines.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I love to paint digitally. It gives me a sense of freedom. I can work with every colour
I want and keep my lines straight. Maybe it sounds contradictory but I also enjoy working with my hands and bringing my drawings to life through woodcutting, rusting metal, etc. I love learning about new materials, machinery and their limitations.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I work rather intuitively. During a project, I always listen to the same (set of) song(s).
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
I get inspiration from my senses mostly. Experience brings my creativity in motion. Traveling is always a great source of inspiration.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Some people keep a diary, I draw and create.
7. Where did you study?
Ghent University and Ghent KASK academy.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
I am cut out to be a freelancer. I love working with a lot of different people but at the
same time, I enjoy being on my own. I like finding new challenges and having a say in the vision and values of a company.
9. What about in ten?
I aim to have built a solid network of partners and clients (who share my values) around my label Krom.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Connect with myself and others
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
12. Favourite book?
Fall on your knees, Anne-Marie McDonald
13. Favourite genre of music?
I like all music with a soul (and preferably a good bass): Nils Frahm, Moderat, Jamie xx, Philip Glass, Four Tet, Son Lux, Ludovico Enaudi, anything coming out of a jukebox.
14. What are your hobbies?
I love finding new physical challenges. This year we did the Cannibalette, a road bicycle racing tour in France. Next Spring we’ll join the 20 km run in Brussels.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?