1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
I grew up in Canada where I studied fine art, moved to New York City to pursue a degree in design and now I do both.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
Playful hand drawn illustrations with a pastel color palette.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
Pencil, ink and paper work the best for my process. I have the most control with this medium and its also the quickest way for me to work.
4. What is your artistic process like?
When I get an idea or am feeling inspired, I try to get it out on paper as soon as I can. This way I will start and finish the illustration in one sitting. It’s hard for me to get back to a project after a few days.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
I get my inspiration from everywhere; I draw from my day to day interactions the most.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Drawing is a great outlet for me and the best way for me communicate my ideas. Art allows me to take a straight forward object and interpret it in my own way.
7. Where did you study?
Parsons School of Design
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
Freelancing perhaps, still balancing illustration and design while focusing on my own personal projects.
9. What about in ten?
Career wise, too far to tell. I’ll definitely be a proud owner of a washing machine and dryer combo.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I want to make people smile…or salivate.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
I love ALL THE FOOD.
12. Favourite book?
13. Favourite genre of music?
I like a lot of genres. Lately, I’ve been listening to Drag Pop, Disco and Hip Hop.
14. What are your hobbies?
Drawing, Eating and Drinking
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
I’d be making donuts.