1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
My pseudonym is AHAOK (aha, okay!?) I am an illustrator from Vienna, currently based in Berlin.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
Humorous, critical and observant.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I draw mostly with black ink or I use a fine liner combined with aquarel colors, all analog – makes the process direct and dynamic.And sometimes I am coloring the illustrations digitally.
4. What is your artistic process like?
At first, I collect all my thoughts, write them down and then start scribbling.
When I know which thought works best I immediately start drawing.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Basically, everything that I see and feel.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
I cannot imagine a life without art.
7. Where did you study?
In Amsterdam and Vienna.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?
Working more international, still freelancing.
9. What about in ten?
Oh, I don´t know yet. Stay open to everything that comes around, I guess.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
Best thing would be, that the illustrations give an extra sight to the viewer and the story/article.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
There is nothing in particular that I like best, as a desert if I had to choose, Marillenknödel.
12. Favourite book?
Hard to decide. I love Dostojewski and Gogol and Puschkin.
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
I don´t have any hobbies, maybe strolling and looking around.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?