1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hi! My name is Adee. I was born in Dallas, TX and moved back to Israel with my family when I was 3. I have been drawing ever since I can remember myself, and I aspire to do so for many years to come.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I love diving into objects and working on the tiniest detail for hours on end, then when I zoom out i’m always surprised.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I love to paint with acrylic colors. When I try to be accurate with a paintbrush I create something that I could not plan for even if I wanted to. I use colored pencils for the final touch.
4. What is your artistic process like?
Most of my inspiration comes from cinema and photography, so first I envision the scene. Then, much like in a film, I start directing.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Recently my inspirations included american photographers and A LOT of road trip movies.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
I daydream all the time.
7. Where did you study?
I have just finished visual communication studies at Shenkar College, where I majored in illustration.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Continuing to grow as an artist and illustrator and having fun while doing it.
9. What about in ten?
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I want to tell my story in a different and colorful way.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
12. Favourite book?
The ones that made me cry (also applies to movies).
13. Favourite genre of music?
Every boy band that ever existed.
14. What are your hobbies?
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
A voice actor for cartoon characters 🙂